INCUBA Next is at the forefront of the transformation of Katrinebjerg from an older business area to a modern university campus
The extension to INCUBA's existing development environment on Katrinebjerg will embrace the fast-growing companies from the startup environment with international potential and offer a state-of-the-art and efficient framework to grow in close proximity to students, researchers and related companies. INCUBA Next will be the first new building in the large western part of Katrinebjerg, for which the city council recently adopted the local plan.
A local plan will transform the old industrial quarter in Aarhus North into a new campus area on Katrinebjerg, which is also home to Aarhus University's IT courses. Precisely the bridge between the university and the business world is crucial for INCUBA, says CEO Mai Louise Agerskov:
"At INCUBA, we have been the meeting place for ambitious and knowledge-intensive entrepreneurs for more than 30 years, and the expansion is a natural next step in our efforts to support the growth layer," she says, adding: "It will be a fantastically attractive place for our target group of the growth comets of the future and their employees, and I am very much looking forward to seeing the finished building ready in 2024. INCUBA Next will be both a landmark and the starting point for Aarhus' new, modern university campus, where an innovation environment like ours builds a bridge between research, students and the business world .”
INCUBA Next comprises 22,000 sq m. spread over 18 floors, 4,000 sq m. parking garage and an outbuilding of 4,500 sq m. The extension will also have roof terraces of 1,400 m2, a restaurant, café, large common areas and, finally, with its height of 76 metres, it will have one of the city's best views over the entire bay. With INCUBA Next, we are proud to cement our research park as one of Denmark's largest development environments for innovative startups, scaleups and established companies.
For further information
Adm. director Mai Louise Agerskov - tel. 4177 0144 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Facts about INCUBA Next
- 18 floors and 20,000 m2, including 2,000 m2 underground parking and an outbuilding of 4,500 m2. Meeting and conference facilities will be established on the two upper floors.
- In addition, external roof terraces of a total of 1,400 square meters will be built.
- With a height of up to 80 metres, the house will be visible from most of Aarhus.
- INCUBA Next is planned as sustainable construction with DGNB gold certification
- Start of construction: April 2022
- Client advisor: Rambøll Danmark A/S with AART Architects as an architectural consultant
- Form of enterprise: Total enterprise